Archive for November, 2013
The Fair Foods $2 bag items are always a surprise! Since we don’t know what items we will get until the day of, there is not much room for planning. Fortunately, every bag no matter the day is filled with fresh, delicious items. One simple way to prepare these items is a stir-fry! Below is a quick recipe for you to use with any Fair Foods bag.
1 Tbsp. Canola oil or Olive oil
1 cup low sodium broth (chicken, vegetable, beef)
Salt & pepper to taste
Garlic, Oregano, Parsley, Onion powder, Garlic powder, Cayenne pepper, Chili powder, Cinnamon, Rosemary, Thyme, Basil, Dill, Chives, Ginger
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry tougher items (broccoli, carrots and onions) in oil for 5 minutes.
- Add in desired broth with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add desired herbs.
- Add the softer items (cabbage, zucchini, mushrooms and garlic).
- Add additional herbs/broth if necessary.
- Stir-fry until vegetables are tender.
- Serve with brown rice and/or a lean protein choice.
(See previous blog for Balanced Plate suggestions)
So what can you do with your $2 bag?
…the possibilities are endless!